Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Accidentally Helped My Heartburn

I accidentally helped my heartburn. In the process of trying some oils for allergies and potential cold bugs going around, I discovered instant relief from another problem I encounter from time to time: acid reflux.
I had read about the benefits of using lavender, lemon, and peppermint in a capsule for allergies. I started mixing this for my husband a week or so ago as he has been suffering with continual styes and weepy eyes for months now. We live near downtown St. Louis and Missouri is known as the allergy state. 

I thought that adding a drop of Thieves would boost the immune-building quality of the mix, so I put the four oils in a capsule for him. I put a lesser amount in a capsule for myself and began taking it, as well. 
About five days ago I began experiencing burning up my esophagus, burping, and just a general uncomfortable feeling in my stomach and chest. I've dealt with this off and on for awhile now. After taking my routine allergy capsule, the pain completely vanished and the symptoms went away. I had the same experience yesterday. I started feeling that acid-like sensation and after popping my oil capsule the pain was gone. 
I realize that there is more to this than just taking away the symptom, but it was a blessing to get quick relief when I've usually had to suffer with it for hours until it goes away and this includes after taking enzymes. 
Here's my concoction:
1 gelatin capsule
1 drop lemon
1 drop peppermint
1 drop lavender
1 drop Thieves
Drop oils into capsule and assemble. Take capsule with a glass of water. 
The oils mentioned above come in Young Living's Premium Startup Kit. For more info, click here: https://www.youngliving.com/signup/?sponsorid=1641212&enrollerid=1641212



No comments: