Sunday, March 29, 2015

A New Chapter

One week ago today my husband Matt went to the local drugstore and purchased a pregnancy test.

The week prior we went to Clark Trail and walked for three hours in the newly-welcomed spring sunshine and warmer temps. My husband left to go visit his parents in Lakeland, FL the next morning. Throughout the week I had various symptoms that I thought were precursors to my cycle. There were some odd symptoms, however. One night I woke up with burning in my throat, which I'd never experienced before. Something like heartburn.

My husband returned on Friday, and I started to worry that perhaps I was going into peri-menopause. After all, I'm 42! It's weird to even type out that number and look at it. It somehow doesn't seem to fit. I don't feel 42, whatever that means.

Last Sunday I couldn't take it anymore. I'm pretty on time, and hardly ever late, and never this late. Matt asked me if I'd like him to get a pregnancy test. I said, "Yes."  At least we could rule this out and then go from there.

The results didn't take long. I stared at the tiny screen on the test wand in disbelief: "Pregnant." At first, I was just surprised and a little excited, but then my stunned enthusiasm quickly turned to fear, and I wondered, "What if I miscarry like before?"

Well, another week has come and gone. Soon, I'll be seeing the doctor and we can get a real understanding of what's going on inside of me. If my projections are correct, I'm going into my sixth week. I've had bouts of nausea (Young Living peppermint, ginger, and patchouli oil in a capsule help this), some cramping, and lots of fatigue. People tell me I look really good (the stereotypical "pregnancy glow"). My biggest craving has been dairy. I still love avocados, which is good, as they are supposed to be one of the best things you can eat while you are pregnant.

For months, I've been using Young Living products, namely clary sage, EndoFlex, Progessence Plus, Ningxia Red, basil, and other oils. I know that God is involved big-time, and I'm pretty sure that part of his work has included the use of these amazing products. 

This is a new chapter in the Antolick household. We are so excited and thankful. Whatever the future holds, very grateful to be on this venture and entrusted with this little life, whoever he or she may be!    


No comments: