Tuesday, January 6, 2015

My Post on Sage

I got a new oil in the mail last month from Young Living: sage, not to be confused with clary sage. I was curious to try this, as I love the smell of the herb, fresh or dried. It's pungent and herbaceous; slightly smokey. A fellow massage therapist I knew mixed it with geranium oil and used it as a cleaning spray for her massage chair. I remember loving the smell, which is why I decided to mix it with Joy, (a blend of bergamot, geranium, rose, jasmine and other oils) in my diffuser. I have some diffusing in my living room right now. The blend is clean and relaxing; sweet and spicy; uplifting. I love oils! Use 5-6 drops of sage, and 3-4 drops of Joy for diffusing. 
 




 Sage has been used for many things, including stuffiness, aches & pains, regulation of emotions & bodily (especially female) systems, and cleansing. For many years Native Americans have used the smoke of burning sage to cleanse spaces and other objects. 
As a teen, I would often cure a sore throat by making a cup of sage tea and drinking until the pain had gone. Though I don't have a sore throat right now, I expect to try a drop of sage oil in hot water if I do get one.
Sage oil could be helpful for cleansing the skin, unclogging pores, and toning. Here's a recipe for a skin toner (better for normal to oily skin) with sage oil:

1/4 cup of witch hazel
1/4 cup distilled or purified water
4 drops of sage oil   
3 drops of lavender oil  
3 drops lemon oil

Blend well and store in a glass or aluminum spray bottle. Spritz onto face after cleansing or anytime you feel the need for a pick me up. Could also be used as an underarm deodorant or body spray.

If you'd like to learn more, click on the link below to read more about or order essential oils, or to scroll through the great essential oil kit collections (saves ya tons!): http://bit.ly/1tKdfHu

No comments: